Emergency electrical call out – Banbury

Today I received a call from a homeowner who told me they could smell something burning and hear crackling from a cooker switch inside their house.

When I arrived I noticed that switch had started to go brown, then when realising the switch from the wall it was evident that the Neutral cable was loose inside the switch causing it to overheat and melt the back of the switch and cable.

The cable was repaired and a new switch fitted.

The customer has now booked in to do an EICR ‘Electrical Installation Condition Report’ of their property to check the safety of the electrical installation.

It is recommend that one of these are typically carried out every 5 years to keep the installation safe and up to date.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *